API Lead Developer
API LEAD DEVELOPER
- Complete API lifecycle development. Including requirements gathering, design, construction, testing, implementation, etc.
- Mentoring/training in API architecture & code quality.
- Coordinates with backend services and drives end-to-end enterprise service integration.
- Responsible for mapping, designing specs for transformation between API Gateway and backend service.
- Understanding differences between multiple data delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match specific platforms.
- Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
- Develop java libraries to simplify access and usage of APIs.
- Strong communication skills and track record of partnership across organizations.
- 7+ years of RESTful and SOAP enterprise web service development.
- 7+ years of Java development experience.
- Proficient with HTTP REST concepts such as JSON, OpenAPI/Swagger, etc.
- Working knowledge of security techniques applicable to web and mobile application delivery.
- Experience securing APIs using Oauth, SAML, Open ID Connect, etc.
- 2+ years’ experience with API Gateway products, especially IBM API-Connect, Apigee Edge or similar integration platform.