Application Support Specialist
New York, New York
Application Support Specialist
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Our client owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premiere motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
- Ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, backlogs, work hours, budgets/expenditures.
- Keep the Project Manager (PM) and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
- Undertake project tasks as required.
- Ensure project deadlines are met.
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members. Follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings, as needed.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Assist in developing project strategies.
- Assist in ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assist in assessing project risks and issues. Provide solutions where applicable.
- Manage special projects as designated.
- Assist other department members, as necessary – as well as act as backup for team members.
- Communicate with all levels of management including VPs, directors and managers for various requirements and maintain confidentiality as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Assist in application administration and access control
- Assist in application troubleshooting and reporting issues
- Assist in working with vendor on issue resolutions
- Assist in collaborating with internal support teams on infrastructure issues
- Assist in performing application testing when enhancements, fixes or releases are delivered by the vendor
- Write SQL queries for data retrieval and updates
- Support users across multiple geographical locations
- Write product and process documentation including procedures and guidelines
- Assist in producing technically focused user stories, and collaborate with engineers to ensure accuracy and feasibility.
- Assist in working with teams to upgrade hardware and software by assessing transaction processing and database production options.
- Assist in troubleshooting and maintaining SQL database.
- Assist in performing all application beta testing and validation prior to rolling out to production (within two weeks of a new release).
- Work closely with IT to ensure all best practices are followed to maintain a secure and stable environment.
- Requires a B.A./B.S. in computer science, business administration or other relevant field and experience in progressively responsible Information Technology positions.
- Strong computer skills and expert knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- SQL Proficiency as well as knowledge and experience in T-SQL.
- Experience working with IT and external vendors on various technology projects (e.g., software development, applications management, IT operations, etc.).
- Knowledge of web platforms including IIS.
- Experience supporting and resolving issues on enterprise applications.
- Experience with High Availability applications.
- Availability for after-hours support.
- Ability to work in a high stress and demanding environment of a 24/7 operation.
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Effective Interpersonal skills.
- Strong written communication and oral presentation skills.