Assoc Database Analyst
Associate Database Analyst
Our client is the one of the world’ s largest learning companies, with expertise in educational courseware and assessment, and a range of teaching and learning services all powered by technology. They help people progress through life with access to better learning. They believe that learning opens opportunities, creates fulfilling careers and betters lives for all.
- Under direction of Web Content Manager and working closely with Web Content specialist, assists with updates and maintenance of the product database.
- Aid in projects to support all users and expand the Product Marketing Database and websites, including requirements gathering, documentation, report extracts, content entry and testing.
- Ability to create ad hoc sql based reports to meet business needs. -Analyze and visualize big data sets.
- Create and maintain user access and permissions across the multiple systems used by the web team.
- Participate in test planning, test execution and installation of functionality for PMDB and other systems.
- Creation and maintenance of system documentation.
- Analyze and assist in data integrity, implement Data Quality Assurance Methods and database cleanup efforts.
- Research, analysis, resolution and communication of day to day bugs and issues.
- Monitors and reports status of assignments, as part of efforts to maintain schedule to ensure that work is processed in a timely manner.
- Strives to produce innovative projects in quality, cost-effective manner within schedule constraints.
- Implements company and project procedures and standards.
- Promotes an attitude of teamwork and cooperation within the organization.
- Responsible for clear, concise, cohesive, communication across all staff areas as well as other internal and external departments.
- Works on projects to support all users and expand the PMDB and web ecoysystem
- Develop and/or test functionality for PMDB and other web systems
- Maintain data integrity, including data clean up, for the database content
- Maintenance of the online product database content
- Create ad hoc reports to display content housed in PMDB, to meet business needs
- Create and maintain permissions for various web based systems All other responsibilities, as assigned by management
- Strong comfort working in online applications for data management.
- Basic understanding of the functionality used by a content management system.
- Excellent SQL query writing skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Software, including Excel, -Access and Word.
- Experience with analytic platforms, including Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics.
- Experience with data visualization suites.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Understanding of educationally based publishing.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent visual/verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to monitor and maintain schedules.
- Ability to work in high pressure, multiple deadline atmosphere.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible, open to change, future oriented.
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in education related publish