Business Analyst (BI Software)
Universal City, California
BUSINESS ANALYST (BI SOFTWARE)
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Our client owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premiere motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
- The CCP team is tasked with protecting the portfolio of our client’ s content on digital platforms, working to limit the amount of piracy and keeping up with newest technology trends.
- This position will report to the Manager of Operations, and will require a combination of technical and creative skills.
- The Business Analyst must be able to work independently on analytics projects, review and analyze vendors, and communicate effectively with our portfolio of brands.
- Analyze enforcement and video analytics data using business intelligence software.
- Create dashboards that highlight key metrics to brands.
- Validate metrics and follow-up with relevant parties for inconsistencies.
- Ad-hoc data analysis projects.
- Assist with improving operational strategy based on empirical data.
- Locate key areas of enforcement priorities (pirate websites, titles, etc.).
- Experiment with different strategies and track effectiveness.
- Track vendor programs.
- Generate periodic reports, analyzing data sets and researching technology trends and communicate to brands.
- Proactively stay up to date on website technologies and business trends (VPN, Video-On-Demand, Over-the-top services).
- Design and execute studies of various platforms and technologies used in the piracy ecosystem.
- Partner with service providers and hosting platforms to maintain high levels of compliance.
- Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent experience 1-3 years of hands-on media or business analysis experience.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Software (Tableau Preferred, Microstrategy, etc.).
- Experience with MS Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint.
- Prior data analysis / analytics experience.
- Working knowledge of HTML, Adobe Flash, and other rich media technologies.
- Self-starter and problem solver (critical thinking).
- Knowledge of intellectual property, relevant technologies, and terminologies.
- Effective project management and/or operations experience.
- Excellent time-management-skills: Independent thinker who can take on a project form beginning to end with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An active interest in TV/Film, and the global aspect of the media industry.
- Bi-lingual a plus (Mandarin / Spanish, etc.).
- Communication / Public Speaking skills a plus.