Business Information Analyst
Newark, New Jersey
Business Information Analyst
Are you an enthusiastic, results-oriented achiever with a history of delivering multiple project on time every time? Do you thrive in a fast-moving culture where customer obsession and the ability to think on your feet is highly valued? Most of all, do you love to read and/or listen to audiobooks?
Our client is best knowing for selling and producing spoken audio entertainment, information, and educational programming on the Internet. They are also the world’ s largest producer of downloadable audiobooks. They offer tremendous opportunities for growth and thrive to create category-leading products that enrich the lives of millions of people around the world every day.
- Work closely with BI teams, business stakeholders and users to elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, scenarios, business analysis, process and workflow analysis
- Apply model driven techniques to identify, analyze and define BI requirements.
- Collect and review data from multiple sources, defining data structures and business rules for datasets to be used in reports and analysis.
- Breakdown epics, develop user stories and drive detailed reporting requirements with business rules for BI report development
- Define and document business requirements for metrics and reports
- Define and organize requirements into application-level functional requirements and use cases
- Establish standards, processes and monitoring reports for updating business data logic
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and innovation across the Global Business Intelligence team worldwide.
- Bachelors in computer science, business analytics or related field
- 5+ years professional experience of BI, data analysis or equivalent position in an ecommerce environment
- 5+ years direct experience with Microstrategy (preferred) or other enterprise BI application.
- SQL proficiency required
- Proven experience gathering and documenting information requirements in an ecommerce environment
- Must have solid understanding of data models, data analysis techniques and working with data structures and processes
- Analytic curiosity and comfortable working in a continually evolving discipline
- Solid problem solving abilities with a focus on high impact business opportunities
- Solid planning, priority setting and project management skills with experience managing multiple projects concurrently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Strong attention to detailed data
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to develop a strong rapport with business leaders and users.
- You are a self-starter capable to taking initiative and working with minimal direction, and you enjoy working in a team of highly engaged individuals