New York, New York
Our client is the world’ s largest private cancer center, that has devoted over 130 years to patient care, research, and educational programs!
Our client has unmatched experience in cancer studies and innovative in their approaches for cures. On top of being one of the health industry’ s cream of the crop, their patient empathy and care goes unmatched.
- Reviews menu offerings for station and sets up station with all appropriate equipment, serving ware, utensils, supplies, and food items as per menu and station’ s checklist.
- Posts signage for corresponding menu items.
- Stores food and supplies to be used during service in designated storage areas as per station’ s checklist.
- Prior to service, conducts an inspection of assigned station according to station’ s checklist and reports deficiencies to supervisor.
- Replenishes food and supplies of station to par level throughout shift to ensure availability throughout meal period.
- Completes breakdown of station after each meal period according to station’ s checklist.
- Reviews food prior to service to ensure food offerings meet established standards for acceptable quality, appearance, presentation, portion sizes and temperature.
- Monitors consistency of food quality, appearance and temperature at the service station.
- Takes off the service station food items that do not meet established standards for acceptable food quality, appearance and temperature and reports to supervisor; replaces with items that meet established standards; notifies supervisor of items that do not meet standards.
- Serves food items according to other’ s request within departmental established guidelines.
- Advises supervisor of any feedback received about food quality.
- As required by station assignment, prepares food items to meet established preparation guidelines (i.e., established portion sizes, according to production sheets).
- Conducts temperature checks at designated intervals, completes documentation, reports substandard results to the Supervisor as per the Policies and Procedures Manual and the New York City and State health codes.
- Operates and maintains equipment carefully and according to manufacturer’ s manual and Departmental Policies and Procedures Manual; reports mechanical failures or needed repairs to maintain equipment in good working conditions.
- Posts wet floor signs promptly and reports potential hazards immediately.
- Returns all service equipment to its designated location according to station checklist.
- Wears appropriate uniforms/clothing, protective gear, gloves etc. when handling food products as well as cleaning chemicals as per the Department Policies and Procedures Manual and the New York City and State health codes.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment and work station according to the Department Policies and Procedures Manual and the New York City and State health codes.
- Adheres to established lifting procedures (i.e., lifting with the knees, not the back).
- Uses proper cleaning solutions for each task per department guidelines.
- Stores food properly with labels, dates, rotates (FIFO), discards and reports outdated products to the supervisor as per the Department Policies and Procedures Manual and the New York City and State health codes.