Woodland Hills, California
Do you live for adventure? Our client is one of the most renowned water travel companies in the world. Our client has been in operation for more than 40 years now with itineraries that span all around the world.
ektello is searching to fill someone to join our clients’ digital team!
- Takes input from Exec team and direction from VP Marcom, creating a consistent brand execution for all of our clients’ communications across multiple channels.
- Works with web technical, digital and print teams, Account Execs, and other internal departments to execute consistent brand vision
- Designs or oversees design of all materials including print, web, and online/digital to ensure visual coherence and consistency to brand and strategy.
- Responsible for new designs/iterations of print/electronic marketing materials produced in-house; designing high-quality communications for print & online, creating print-ready files
- Understands and interprets brand to extrapolate to new materials following corporate Style Guide
- Oversees image selection across channels
- Manages, coaches, develops and trains team of creative direct reports; ensures production team is cross-trained for print and digital; works collaboratively with other marketing resources
- Independently prioritizes workload using good judgment
- Taking direction from Exec team and VP Marcom, develops and manages a consistent brand execution for all our clients’ communications across multiple channels
- Works with web technical team, print team, Account Execs, and other internal departments to execute consistent brand vision, working across departments to ensure consistency
- Designs or oversees design of all materials including print, web, and online/digital to ensure visual coherence and consistency to brand and strategy. Drives creative strategy. Includes review of materials, selection/recommendation of visual assets. Acts as a resource for design validation, modification and image recommendation/cropping
- Responsible for new designs/iterations of print/electronic marketing materials produced in-house; designing high-quality communications for print & online, creating print-ready files; executing own work as requested or needed by VP Marketing Communications or other staff, with focus on most complex design challenges. Uses Adobe Creative Suite, PPT and other software to execute electronic communications, logos, web banners, illustrations or similar. Supports Studio Manager, ensuring entire creative team follows standard production/archiving procedures and produces error-free files.
- Understands and interprets brand to extrapolate to new materials following corporate Style Guide, working directly with Copy Director and VP Marcom to ensure branded materials are in line with our clients’ style and Style Guide is up to date regarding visual specifications.
- Oversees image selection across channels selecting and editing as needed to uphold high brand standards and ensure appropriate imagery for itinerary/need.
- Manages, coaches, develops and trains team of creative direct reports; ensures production team is cross-trained for print and digital; works collaboratively with other marketing resources. Manages direct reports including UX designer, Art Director, and graphic designers, ensuring team has robust skill set across print, web and digital disciplines. Recruits and hires freelance or staff design/production as needed. Works closely with Copy team to develop new creative work, and with Studio Manager to ensure timely, accurate execution to creative goals.
- Independently prioritizes own and team’ s workload using good judgment to deliver outstanding creative work timely that is strategically unified, on-brand, and on budget.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience and demonstrated track record as a creative executing high quality print and online materials, ideally as a principal Art Director or Creative Director in a Studio or Agency.
- Formal creative training in design and typography.
- High level of proficiency and recent experience with Adobe Creative Suite; experience overseeing complex, e-commerce websites, banner ads, email template design and similar tasks; knowledge of best practices. Proficiency in MS Word and Office sufficient to execute day-to-day office tasks; willingness and ability to learn new software as needed.
- Intimate understanding of design, copy and web best practices/guidelines; strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts
- Agency experience including TV creative.
- Superior design skills and eye at a caliber on par with highest quality of branded materials.
- Understanding of marketing and strategy; ability to translate complex concepts into compelling visual solutions that communicate and persuade.
- High level of precision and attention to detail; well-organized with good judgment.
- Able to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects and staff, setting and meeting deadlines while working positively and proactively with all staff to execute accurate results.
- Ability to interface well with C-level and top executives and clearly and succinctly express creative concepts. Readily open to feedback and able to respond with tact and diplomacy. Willing and able to modify creative work based on input from top executives to best suit the business.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, “ can-do” attitude with tenacity to complete projects by deadlines. Proactive, self-starter willing to do what is needed to complete a task while communicating status.
- Professional attitude regarding work; ability to receive constructive criticism.