Customer Insights Manager
Newark, New Jersey
CUSTOMER INSIGHTS MANAGER
This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to make a big and immediate impact in the client’ s Insight & Intelligence team.
This team partners with multiple teams who are dedicated to Channels – the client’ s new short-form offering of exclusive Original audio productions and topical playlists.
The team is a new addition to the Business Intelligence unit and is seeking to both align with other BI units and break new ground in combining the value of both primary research and big data (in-app and listening behavioral data) to help the client successfully launch and grow this short-form service.
The Team Director needs an independent, analytical self-starter to take a leading role in supporting Channels & Originals Insight activities (such as generating and delivering survey insights, reviewing listening data, and overseeing the client’ s online panel experience for their members).
This candidate will be expected to represent the voice of Customer Insight & Intelligence in meetings with the content, product, and marketing teams and ensure that the team is aligned to create the best approach to address all key business questions
- Field and administer online surveys for content testing and other aspects of the business.
- Analyze data, prepare reports and present results that synthesize survey data & listening data to help ensure the voice of the customer is infused into all Audible products and services
- To share panel management responsibilities for the client’ s online customer panel and to help create a consistently enjoyable and rewarding Audible survey experience
- Maintain a deep understanding of business drivers and an innate grasp of business metric definitions.
- As part of the Business Intelligence unit, ensure all customer insight activities maximize all the unit’ s capabilities to create the best and most robust approaches to solve key business questions
- Leverage reporting knowledge to extract targeted datasets from survey data and listening data and to distil insights into the business with clear communications to management
- This role will be working with cross functional teams
- Lead content pilot testing studies – from start to finish – for US and UK Originals, Publishing’ s, and comedy productions
- Lead product testing studies to inform future enhancements
- Review US Originals Performance metrics and prepare presentations and reports
- Partner with agencies on custom research projects for the Originals
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, or similar
- Passion for customer insight and analysis
- Experienced at analytical data manipulation on large databases
- Strong research, analytical/decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts and ideas in a non-technical, simple manner across all levels of the organization
- Resourceful self-starter with an independent attitude, focus on excellence, and attention to detail
- Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment
- Solid organizational and project management skills are also required along with the ability to work with cross functional teams under aggressive deadlines
- Working knowledge of database software, Excel, and basic knowledge of SQL and Business Intelligence tools
- Sharp problem solving skills
- Experience with online survey platforms
- Proven track record of presenting results in an easy-to-follow and actionable way
- Keen understanding of how to make online surveys a positive and rewarding experience for customers are keys to the success of this position.
- Minimum of 5 years, Preferred 7+ years’ experience
- Experience with online survey platforms, statistical analysis, and business intelligence tools