Data Center Operations Specailist
Data Center Operations Specialist
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Our client owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premiere motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
- The Data Center Operations Specialist (DCOS) is responsible for maintaining the daily operational integrity of our client’ s Critical Environments infrastructure and management of new infrastructure build out projects.
- The DCOS will be expected to be able to provide answers and make decisions at the site, at time of question for any matters that are within DCO scope; these decisions should be based on experience, training and DCO standards and will have a direct impact on the project, budget, infrastructure, and/or business.
- The DCOS will be regarded as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for space, power, cooling, cabling, security, standards and other miscellaneous areas as it pertains to Data Center, MDF and IDF.
- Experience and knowledge of industry standards in telecom and structured cabling.
- Experience in deployment of compute, storage and networking devices.
- Experience and knowledge of MEP standards and operations as it pertains to critical environments.
- Experience and knowledge of Mission Critical Data Center Facility maintenance
- Experience and knowledge of cable management and fiber distribution standards
- Strong analytical, and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Professional Business communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic MS Office skills, including PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Understanding of Autodesk Navisworks, RevIT, Autocad is a plus