Data Warehouse Analyst
Universal City, California
Data Warehouse Analyst
The prestige that follows our clients name will follow you too as you help to shape the way the world receives its media coverage. Ektello is looking for an individual to be a part of the team. They own and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premiere motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
- Through data analysis, application review, and user and IT interviews, quickly gain a deep understanding of business processes and source application data used to support the reporting and analytics for various departments within our client’ s Brand Development.
- Partner with business users at all levels to establish and document user reporting requirements, define KPIs, and clearly establish user acceptance criteria for both enhancements and new reports and other end products.
- Develop functional requirements for new database structures, interfaces (ETL) and reporting components.
- Participate in designing, testing, and implementing system changes, working with both onshore and offshore technical teams. Development duties include the creation of prototypes to aid in requirements clarification, as well as user assistance in creation of personal report objects. Testing responsibilities include developing and executing use cases that cover both functional business requirements as well as source data validation.
- Coordinate and oversee user acceptance testing as well as final implementation of updates, working with the business and other IT teams as needed
- Act as first responder for all user support inquiries and questions for your area of responsibility, including ticket logging and tracking using the Jira application.
- Maintenance of user guides and training materials, including hosting formal introductory training sessions and informal brown-bag informational seminars.
- Monitor ongoing development efforts and provide regular progress reporting of current activities to IT and business teams.
- Minimum 3 years of recent hands-on experience with MicroStrategy development toolset (v9.4 or higher), including direct responsibility for the creation of reports, documents, dynamic dashboards, and associated report objects such as metrics, filters, custom groups, etc.
- A solid working knowledge of MicroStrategy schema architecture and development (attributes, facts, hierarchies, etc), and familiarity with security concepts.
- Strong BI/DW technical analysis skills, including ability to read and understand data models, as well as to read, write, and analyze complex SQL statements.
- Demonstrated ability to take business requirements from end users and transform them into effective analytic products.
- Ability to organize and lead design sessions for all phases of report development, including data sourcing and design, reporting schema structure, and final end-user products, including interactive dashboards, formatted documents, and operational reports.
- Proven experience authoring functional requirements, as well as providing oversight, review, and final approval of technical specifications for data model, ETL, and reporting objects.
- Experience developing visual analytics, including partnering with end users in the creation of dashboard wireframes, advising business users on appropriate use of various visualization types, designing logical data flows and drill-downs, etc.
- The successful candidate must have strong experience in at least one of the following business disciplines: Retail Analytics, Product Development and Approval Systems, Finance/Accounting (SAP preferred).
- Minimum 5 years of experience with data warehousing and business intelligence.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with all phases of a software development lifecycle.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a data or business analyst role for a medium to large scale BI implementation
- Bachelor’ s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer-related degree
- Media / Entertainment background.
- Some retail experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Teradata, Oracle is a definite plus.
- Experience with offshore development model.