Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Our client owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premiere motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
- Create primary database storage structures (table spaces) once developers have designed an application.
- Modify the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers.
- Manage Backup, Security, and Controls of databases
- Enroll users and maintaining system security.
- Control and monitoring user access to the database.
- Monitor and optimize the performance of the database.
- Responsible for support of DB2 databases as per company procedures and policy.
- Be engaged with application vendor support till problem resolution
- Restore DB and application server whenever required
- Manage Storage & IO performance issues related to databases
- Ensure that work follows IBM DB2 License agreements.
- Database tuning and manage Production & Development Environment
- Monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of data base systems operation and recommend and lead implementation of performance improvements for data base systems and user applications
- Implement and maintain all procedures for backup and recovery of data base management systems, including audit logs of all data base activity.