New York, New York
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Our client owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premiere motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
- Our client is looking for an expert DevOps practitioner to join our expanding team, whose purpose is to work with software developers, infrastructure administrators, and enterprise architects to plan for, implement, and maintain software solutions and systems architecture technologies that run our clients' s digital products and service.
- Using the latest tools and technologies, this role will support environments hosted within internal data centers and in the cloud, implementing solutions to:
- Provision and manage environments
- Perform software development builds and automated testing
- Monitor existing infrastructure.
- 5+ years experience with Linux systems.
- 5+ years experience supporting services, micro-services, and n-tier systems.
- 2+ years experience with software automation technologies.
- 2+ years experience with Continuous Integration practices.
- 2+ years experience with Infrastructure As Code practices.
- 5+ years experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Perl.
- 2+ years experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet.
- 2+ years experience with build tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Ivy, Ant.
- 2+ years extensive experience with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform Works effectively both independently and as a member of a cross functional team.
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs.
- An obsessive desire to automate as much as possible Architecture and design of n-tier systems and micro-services
- Agile software development methodology Version Control tools and platforms such as Git, GitHub, Subversion Collaboration platforms such as JIRA, Confluence, Wiki Containerization technologies such as Docker, LXC, Nspawn Virtualization technologies such as KVM, Xen, VirtualBox, VMWare, Hyper-V, OpenVZ
- Virtualization tools such as Vagrant, Packer Provisioning tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Spinnaker, Kubernetes Service Discovery and Key/Value Store tools such as Consul, Etcd, ZooKeeper Services such as Apache, NGINX, HAProxy, Varnish, PHP, Tomcat, Node.js, MySQL, MariaDB