Universal City, California
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Our client owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premiere motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
ektello is seeking a Designer to work in our client’ s fortune entertainment Digital Branding Team!
- Review, prepare, and upload assorted marketing images, artwork and documents
- Make color, exposure, white balance and other corrections to RAW files provided
- Perform basic pre-press procedures using Quark, Adobe, and other Graphics Applications
- Create color-accurate JPG previews of all files.
- Rename incoming assets according to Universal’ s naming conventions
- Re-link all renamed Quark support elements
- Convert RAW files from all camera manufacturers (NEF, CRW, CR2, Phase One) to appropriate file formats for re-use (JPG, TIF, DNG)
- Using supplied job ticket information, provide required metadata for all assets prepared by Digital Assets Department.
- Operate scanning equipment
- Maintain accurate records of work time and time required for each project.
- Check all assets according to department Q/A procedures.
- Extensive experience in using most current version of the following applications: Adobe PhotoShop, Bridge, Lightroom, Illustrator, Quark Xpress, and Freehand.
- Experience with current Windows and Apple Macintosh computers, operating systems and software.
- Proficiency in word processing, data entry, and database operation.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a pre-press environment.
- Understanding of art design, finishing, separation, pre-press, proofing and printing processes, including trapping and touchplate information.
- Understanding of photography, layout, and mechanical file formats.
- Understanding of color theory and proper handling of photographic materials
- Comfort with computers and willingness to adapt to changing technologies.
- Experience digitizing, handling, and preparing photographic images.
- Experience operating flatbed and 35mm film scanners.
- Maintain job logs and develop and/or contribute to progress reports.
- Flexibility with regard to hours required.