Universal City, California
The prestige that follows our clients name will follow you too as you help to shape the way the world receives its media coverage. They own and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premiere motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
- Review, prepare, and upload assorted marketing images, artwork and documents
- Make color, exposure, white balance and other corrections to RAW files provided
- Perform basic pre-press procedures using Quark, Adobe, and other Graphics Applications
- Create color-accurate JPG previews of all files.
- Rename incoming assets according to our client’ s naming conventions
- Re-link all renamed Quark support elements
- Convert RAW files from all camera manufacturers (NEF, CRW, CR2, Phase One) to appropriate file formats for re-use (JPG, TIF, DNG)
- Using supplied job ticket information, provide required metadata for all assets prepared by Digital Assets Department.
- Operate scanning equipment
- Maintain accurate records of work time and time required for each project.
- Check all assets according to department Q/A procedures.
- Extensive experience in using most current version of the following applications: Adobe PhotoShop, Bridge, Lightroom, Illustrator, Quark Xpress, and Freehand.
- Experience with current Windows and Apple Macintosh computers, operating systems and software.
- Proficiency in word processing, data entry, and database operation.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a pre-press environment.
- Understanding of art design, finishing, separation, pre-press, proofing and printing processes, including trapping and touchplate information.
- Understanding of photography, layout, and mechanical file formats.
- Understanding of color theory and proper handling of photographic materials
- Comfort with computers and willingness to adapt to changing technologies.
- Experience digitizing, handling, and preparing photographic images.
- Experience operating flatbed and 35mm film scanners.
- Maintain job logs and develop and/or contribute to progress reports.
- Flexibility with regard to hours required.