Director, Web Administrator
DIRECTOR, WEB ADMINISTRATOR
The Web Administration Manager oversees a team of Web Engineers that are responsible for operational support of the web server infrastructure in order to obtain optimal performance and functionality of the company’ s multiple websites.
- Oversees and participates in project plan design, development, maintenance, and enhancement Web server environments for extreme HA.
- Ensures that all systems meet performance standards and that production support services are consistent with service level agreements
- Provides technical recommendations and assists in system design.
- Designs solutions to improve performance, stability, or efficiency of web related systems.
- Manages staff and is accountable for personnel actions, including hiring, performance and salary reviews, disciplinary action and termination.
- Implements strategies to improve current processes and procedures and identifies cost reduction opportunities to enhance business operations
- Produces monthly status and KPI reports.
- Manages the selection, procurement, and implementation of software.
- Works to properly train, develop and supervise all staff.
- Provides deliverables in a timely and efficient manner.
- Identifies issues and risks, resolves problems and escalates them as necessary
- Assists in managing budget expenditures and allocates IT resources appropriately.
- Serves as an escalation resource for staff that provides 24/7 on-call system support.
Experience and Requirements:
- Ability to expertly define strategy and implement technologies to meet those strategic principles.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Unix scripting knowledge.
- Knowledge of Java.
- Advance knowledge and experience of Application Release Automation.
- Expertise designing, implementing, deploying and maintaining JVM technologies including JBoss on a large scale.
- Flexible with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage, lead, develop and train staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to write SQL to mine data for management reports.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing large-scale system and project implementations.
- Adaptive to the use of new software aids and programming techniques as they are acquired or adopted within IT.
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent experience and/or education.
- 8+ years related experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of approximately five or more persons preferred.