End to End Systems Analyst
END TO END SYSTEMS ANALYST
Are you familiar with multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts? Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
Our client doesn’ t just build great cars, trucks and crossovers, they design the customer mobility experience, they are developing cutting edge technology on next generation infotainment systems and in-vehicle connectivity. This technology is a key enabler to things like smarter car sharing programs, more advanced active safety and even autonomous driving. The System Vehicle Operations team and its members operate world’ s largest 4G LTE network in the automotive industry, supporting millions of connected vehicles and their services. Our client makes sure that system performance can support business objectives. Our client drives continuous improvement that directly contributes to our client’ s bottom line.
- Design and develop performance metrics that represent E2E service delivery performance
- Build and maintain reporting and analytics to show system and customer performance in the connected car environment
- Understand & document system work flows, associated back-end interactions, and eco-system of the connected vehicle services.
- Investigate end-to-end system performance and customer experience issues and applying sound technical judgment to data for the develop of system remedies
- Identify system performance gaps, build and execute improvement plans
- Ensure adequate system requirements are documented for changes to the system platforms by maintaining a close working relationship with IT, Service Delivery, and Engineering departments
- High level of analytical ability to assess and identify appropriate alternative courses of action for definition and resolution where problems are complex
- Design, develop, and implement desktop applications and/or processes to automate routine tasks as necessary to facilitate analysis activities
- Ability to complete work with limited direction from supervisor
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent Engineering or related degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a technical role
- Proficiency using and interacting with relational database structures and SQL query development experience
- Familiarity with Cognos and Tableau reporting systems
- Experience in automotive systems
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work independently and effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
- Sound organizational skills to prioritize work to be executed
- Proficiency with Office suite including proficiency developing advanced processes and applications for the desktop
- Experience with UNIX
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex and difficult
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Familiarity with operational procedures, protocols and communication paths
- Understanding of application architecture and design principles related to system integration of client components, web services, and databases.
- Direct experience at GM in one or more of the following areas:
- Reporting or Analytics
- Requirements definition
- Issue resolution
- Product validation
- Process definition
- Service delivery
- Strong Database skills and significant SQL query development experience
- Prior experience with vehicle infotainment, telematics, or navigation systems
- Working experience with web services (XML, WSDL, SOAP, JSON) and transactional monitoring
- Experience using problem solving techniques such as Six Sigma, Lean, ISO 900X, SPICE, or others.
- Knowledge and understanding in Network performance of CDMA and GSM technology