Our client is the one of the world’ s largest learning companies, with expertise in educational courseware and assessment, and a range of teaching and learning services all powered by technology. They help people progress through life with access to better learning. They believe that learning opens opportunities, creates fulfilling careers and betters lives for all.
- Provides assistance in the preparation and consolidation of filings, financial reports and analyses including consolidated financial statements and strategic analyses.
- Analyzes profit and loss statements and prepares reports on findings to make recommendations to management.
- Generates forecasts and analyzes trends in sales, finance and other areas of business. Researches economic progressions to assist the company' s financial planning.
- Compiles and reviews the budgets for departments, taking into consideration actual performance, previous expenditures, and estimated expenses and income.
- Reviews departmental expenditures to ensure compliance with budget allocations.
- Maintains accurate spending records and establishes measures for budgetary control.
- Experience working in a multi-national matrix organization
- Strong understanding of materiality and ability to prioritize across competing agendas
- Ability to conduct investment analysis and capital asset evaluation
- Ability to identify business risks and implementation of tactics to mitigate
- Understanding of financial control, business performance management and process optimization and experience of working in more than one of these areas.
- An understanding of putting internal financial results into an external market context
- Awareness of multiple business models and experience of working with more than one
- Broad understanding of finance specialist areas: tax, treasury, M&A, compliance, corporate governance and ability to utilize proper judgement to involve them as necessary.
- Participation in international projects, may be short or long term (preferred but not required)
- 3-5 years' experience in a project accounting role (preferred but not required)
- Proficient Microsoft Office user; intermediate Excel use
- Bachelor' s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Accounting background, even if not recent. Don’ t need a CPA. Understanding the full process of accounting.
- Excel – pivot tables, v look ups, not macros, intermediate to intermediate plus
- Oracle experience – Major Plus
- Oracle project account experience
- Communication: strong verbal and written skills within finance, across the organization and with external parties
- Influence: presence and confidence to interact with senior management. Ability to leverage influence across teams and cultures.
- Emotional Intelligence (self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, social skill) and the ability to apply it to work successfully in a matrix environment
- Collaboration: with other internal teams and third party providers
- Decision Making: understanding materiality, complex and uncertain situation, prioritization
- Performance focused: self & others
- Time Management: ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines, producing a high standard of work with attention to detail
- Analytics focused: organizes information and manipulates data to identify/explain trends, problems and mitigating actions
- Driving change: identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation
- Overview of business area or project: 5 plus years of experience. Research into variances and understand the GL to the PNL flow. Understand the big picture but can get into the weeds. Flexible candidate and capable of communicating clearly. Coverage for resignation.