Human Factors Engineer
San Diego, California
Human Factors Engineer
Would you love to work for one of the leading electronics companies in the world? Are you an expert in Engineering?
ektello is seeking talent for Human Factors Engineer to work for in one of our top professional and consumer electronic, gaming, and entertainment corporations in the world in San Diego! Our client boasts a wide range of electronic and gaming hardware along with revenues in the music, film, and television entertainment industries and if this interests you please keep reading!
- Conduct user research to examine and understand user’ s needs.
- Design user experiments and collect/analyze quantitative and qualitative data.
- Plan and conduct usability studies to evaluate new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
- Conduct benchmarking studies of competitor products from a human interface standpoint.
- Coordinate and/or conduct user test, analyze the result and report.
- Generate creative ideas and solutions.
- Generate scenarios and use cases to build information architecture.
- Communicate with different teams and individuals, including marketing, product planners, hardware and software engineers, GUI designers, QA to define product user interface specifications.
- Mock up paper and Flash prototypes.
- Create user interface design specification documents.
- Ability to focus on the customer’ s needs.
- Knowledge of basic interaction design/user-centered design principles.
- Familiarity with UI industry standards for interface design and user testing methodologies.
- Some experience with statistical analysis of user research.
- Working knowledge of documentation tool for specification documents.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on complex projects.
- Ability to deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team.
- Understanding for multi cultures.
- A portfolio of past user study or design samples.
- Bachelor’ s Degree (or higher) in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Product Design, interaction design or graphic design with demonstrated experience in an equivalent field min of 5 years.
- Demonstrated experience with developing user-friendly interfaces for embedded systems and consumer products is desirable but not required.
- Basic knowledge and hands on experience on, photo shop, illustrator, visio, power point, word, and excel.
- A portfolio of user study or design /specification (past project or create your own) is required.