IR Practice Assistant (Admin)
1275 York Ave New York, New York 10017
IR Practice Assistant
Our client is the world’ s largest private cancer center, that has devoted over 130 years to patient care, research, and educational programs!
Our client has unmatched experience in cancer studies and innovative in their approaches for cures. On top of being one of the health industry’ s cream of the crop, their patient empathy and care goes unmatched.
- Works with team of physicians and nurses to ensure that each physician' s medical practice is well prepared, well organized and fully utilized so that each patient visit occurs with satisfaction.
- Provides secretarial functions for the academic activities of physicians.
- Participates in special projects and task forces as determined by the Administrative Coordinators and Administrative Managers.
- Complete required paperwork/communication tools for department.
- Initiate and expedite all check requests, purchase orders, travel authorizations, travel vouchers, General
- Stores orders and Petty Cash forms for administrative approval
- Submit orders for books and journals when necessary.
- Retrieve and compile background and reference information from various sources.
- Maintain licensures and memberships for physicians in a filing system allowing for access for those who need it.
- Maintain and manage complex calendars of physicians in department
- Maintain multiple conference room schedules; use sound judgment and bring resolution to all requests,
- Pick up and sort mail and handle routine data and requests not requiring the attention of a physician.
- Review and complete demographic information before submission to the physician billing department.
- Maintain neat and organized filing system for both academic and clinical office practice
- Faxing, sorting and keeping track of incoming/outgoing documents, etc.)
- Clinic preparation, including pre-clinic e-mail, appointment confirmation and gathering patient materials
- Perform research when applicable through online systems and or onsite library search to fulfill request.
- Stocks and maintains supplies in the work environment on a daily basis.
- Facilitates efficient scheduling of patients on an ongoing basis.
- Schedules and coordinates all appointments, tests, consultations, treatments and surgeries, according to template.
- Confirms new visit appointments that are scheduled through the Patient Access Service and as appropriate.
- Ensures that new patients are aware of what materials to bring (pathology/cytology slides, radiology films, source identification) and what to expect upon arrival of their visit.
- Escalates to supervisor if overbooking is necessary and indicates approval in the comment field.
- Requests ad-hoc clinics when unable to overbook appointments on set clinic days.
- Ensures the release and transcription of all orders and if necessary reviews disposition form to confirm physician orders.
- Prepares/produces documents including memos, correspondence, reports, presentations, and manuals as required.
- Creates documents that are readable and adhere to mandated formats
- Produces accurate documents; proofreads for grammar, spelling, appropriate use of terminology and consistency of information prior to submission to author; utilizes reference materials
- Completes drafts and final versions within required time frames; obtains deadline/turnaround information for documents required by author, department, institution or regulatory agencies and has final versions completed accordingly.
- Assures availability of documents by systematically naming and saving files; directing patient notes appropriately
- Distributes correspondence (letters and e-mails) accurately.
- Answers assigned phone lines and direct calls; uses correct telephone techniques and procedures when receiving and making calls; cross-covers other lines as assigned.
- Takes accurate, complete, legible messages;
- Transfers line(s) appropriately to either answering service or voicemail at the end of the day.
- Coordinates and communicates special projects such as staff related events, site visits.
- Prepares documents or other materials for presentations and project meetings.
- Prioritizes project for completion by deadline.
- Within established guidelines makes independent decision regarding planning, organizing and scheduling work for projects.