IT Developer / Full Stack Angular & Python
34405 W. 12 Mile Farmington Hills, MI 48331
IT Developer – Full Stack Angular & Python
Due to our client’ s success and excellent service, they are rapidly growing and its Information Technology Division now seeks a direct hire IT Developer that reports to the Inspect Program Manager and will be responsible for designing and maintaining RESTful APIs in a micro-service environment and ensure optimal performance of the ecosystem.
The candidate will have the opportunity to interact with multiple levels of the organization. This role requires a detailed oriented individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys multi-tasking.
Our client offers a fast paced and exciting work environment that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and outside the box thinking.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to code in Python including experience with Django
- Diagnose and resolve production support issues
- Participate in the design and coding of technical solutions
- Create application technical designs
- Create application code using best practice coding standards
- Participate in code reviews
- Unit test all developed modules
- Work with Business Analysts in the development and execution of test plans
- Help research and troubleshoot programming issues as they are identified through QA
- Provide data support to operations personnel and management as requested
- Demonstrate experience and skills in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) like PostgreSQL by writing complex SQL queries, functions and packages
- Desire and ability to learn new programming languages and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Regular and consistent attendance and availability
- Thought leader on the future technologies used for environment management, automation, monitoring, and self-healing
- Other duties may be assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Job Knowledge and Skill:
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities
- Detail oriented, highly focused and very organized
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships
- BS or BA degree preferably in Computer Science/Technology, Engineering or equivalent relevant work experience
- 5+ years of work-related experience
- Experience should include working with Python and Django
- Other languages such as Java a plus
- Hands-on experience with SOAP, WSDL and other web service technologies
- Working experience with databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving application defects
- Experience using CI/CD build systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience of working in a Scrum team and Agile concepts.
- Strong communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, process-focused with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, be willing to take initiative, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment with many competing responsibilities
- Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
The following skills would be a bonus:
- Jenkins build server
- TDD/BDD experience
- Cloud - Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Data Modeling experience
- Database Design Experience
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Excel spreadsheet, and other PC applications, as well as the ability to adapt to new technology as it becomes available. Proficient in System Administration and Networking concepts.
Communication Skills: Ability to excel in a team environment required. Must be able to successfully interface with I.T. and all departments. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Analytical Skills: Strong analytical skills required with strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to source, disseminate and properly apply secondary research
Education, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations: B.A. in Computer Science related field desired
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Travel: Infrequent/Light travel
- Salaried/exempt – TBD upon hiring,
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance and 401 K participation.
- No Relocation will be paid
- All offers would be made conditional upon passing a background check.
Our client provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’ s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, or veteran status.