Newark, New Jersey
Are you an enthusiastic, results-oriented achiever with a history of delivering multiple project on time every time? Do you thrive in a fast-moving culture where customer obsession and the ability to think on your feet is highly valued? Most of all, do you love to read and/or listen to audiobooks?
Our client is best knowing for selling and producing spoken audio entertainment, information, and educational programming on the Internet. They are also the world’ s largest producer of downloadable audiobooks. They offer tremendous opportunities for growth and thrive to create category-leading products that enrich the lives of millions of people around the world every day.
- The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor works as part of a team that accurately creates, enters, edits, and maintains product information elements (metadata) for all Audible products.
- The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor focuses on ensuring completeness, accuracy, and suitability of all metadata.
- The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor is also an energetic and creative troubleshooter who works with a wide variety of people regarding all issues related to content.
- The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor proofreads and fact checks all product descriptions and supporting information prior to releasing a product to be published to our client' s marketplaces.
- The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor also provides QA for ourclient' s style in product descriptions, data consistency, and related product linking for all product metadata.
- The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor needs to meet daily copy editing quotas and complete prioritized processing requests.
- The Indexer/Copyeditor may need to research, edit, rewrite, or occasionally create descriptions for products.
- The Indexer/Copy Editor may need to research and assemble positive product review “ blurbs” to be added to product descriptions
- B.A/B.S. or equivalent degree, preferably in Humanities
- Editorial experience preparing online content
- Proofreading experience; copy editing experience a plus
- Familiarity with basic HTML formatting
- Working knowledge of database concepts (including Excel skills) and best practices
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Demonstrated focused attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Technical proficiency in Windows operating environment
- Previous proofreading and/or copy editing experience would be valuable.