New York, New York
Our client is the world’ s largest private cancer center, that has devoted over 130 years to patient care, research, and educational programs!
Our client is not only changing the way they treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, they’ re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, our client has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. They are proud to be on Becker’ s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’ s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’ re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day!
- You will proactively contact carriers regarding reduced or denied reimbursement and ensure patient insurance information is accurate.
- Retrieve various types of medical documentation and develop, submit and track appeals to carriers, per department procedure.
- Review and analyze all incoming explanation of benefits and adjust patient’ accounts to reflect the carrier decisions on the patient’ s statement.
- The ability to multi-task and work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Prior experience working with data and reviewing trend/patterns preferred
- Bachelor’ s degree and 1-2 years work experience preferred
- Previous billing, QA or experience working in an outpatient clinic is highly preferred