633 3rd Avenue-5th fl New York, New York 10017
Our client is the world’ s largest private cancer center, that has devoted over 130 years to patient care, research, and educational programs!
Our client has unmatched experience in cancer studies and innovative in their approaches for cures. On top of being one of the health industry’ s cream of the crop, their patient empathy and care goes unmatched.
- Function in an analytical role as representative of PBD in communication with all Insurance carriers.
- Proactively contact carriers regarding reduced or denied reimbursement and ensure patient insurance information is accurate.
- Retrieve various types of medical documentation and develop, submit and track appeals to carriers, per department procedure.
- Review and analyze all incoming explanation of benefits and adjust patient’ accounts to reflect the carrier decisions on the patient’ s statement.
- The ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Prior experience working with data and reviewing trend/patterns preferred.
- Bachelor’ s degree and 1-2 years’ work experience preferred.
- Previous billing, QA or experience working in an outpatient clinic is highly preferred.