Jr. Project Manager
New York, New York
Jr. Project Manager
The prestige that follows our clients name will follow you too as you help to shape the way the world receives its media coverage. Ektello is looking for an individual to be a part of the team. They own and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premiere motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
- Learn and adhere to internal project governance processes and tool sets.
- Manage assigned projects according to our client’ s Project Management Lifecycle Standards.
- Maintain project status in an Enterprise PPM tool.
- Prepares a Status Reports for Key Meetings.
- Develop/foster relationships with project team members and external partners.
- Develop project work plans, roles matrix and communication plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify matrixed resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
- Closely collaborate with the business teams to gather project requirements and to determine duration of Planning.
- Conduct facilitated sessions with the business teams and technical teams to define the specific requirements, bring matrixed team/resources develop the Charter.
- Develop solutions to project issues and effectively communicate solutions to the stakeholders.
- Identify and log any issues and establish a Risk Assessment for any issue causing the project’ s health to decline.
- Schedule and conduct meetings as needed, noting agreements, issues, and task assignments.; Prepare and publish minutes for all meetings within 24 hours
- Provide weekly project status to management / stakeholders.
- Manage project budget via internal tool sets and Financial reports.
- Coordinate deployments with the development team.
- Ensure smooth hand off to Operations post-deployment.
- Close out Projects and Conduct Lessons Learned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in implementing key projects for the business.
- Strong program and project management skills; Proven experience managing multiple, complex projects simultaneously to successful completion.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Project and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and possess solid computer skills.
- Must be self-motivated, well organized and have strong innovation and facilitation skills.
- Proven oral and written communication skills; excellent business presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels and across organizational lines, including the business units.
- Ability to effectively utilize external vendors and resources throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines.
- Familiarity with or certification in a Project Management for software product development (Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
- Some experience managing project budgets.
- Has managed project teams.
- Extremely organized and articulate.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Has completed some formal training in project management.
- Diplomacy – In the most difficult situations, maintains positive attitude and relationships with tact and efficiency not appearing frustrated or upset
- Team Player – Demonstrates ability to work as part of a team of professional and willingness to give assistance to co-workers to achieve departmental goals.
- Junior to Mid-level, 2 to 3 years in a PM function preferably in the Media space. Must be willing to work in New York.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Passion for Project Planning and Execution.
- Driven for continuous improvement and learning new business processes and tools.