633 3rd Avenue-5th fl New York, New York 10017
Our client is the world’ s largest private cancer center, that has devoted over 130 years to patient care, research, and educational programs!
Our client has unmatched experience in cancer studies and innovative in their approaches for cures. On top of being one of the health industry’ s cream of the crop, their patient empathy and care goes unmatched.
- Monitors and controls the flow of delivery trucks by assigning loading bays to deliveries and communicating corresponding directions to truck drivers. Provides appropriate equipment for unloading of parcels, e.g., pallets, flatbed trucks, etc.).
- Checks merchandise, supplies, equipment received against packing slip and bill of lading for quantity and specifications by conducting a physical inspection and a physical count of parcels delivered. Communicates any discrepancies (i.e., shortage, damaged merchandise) to supervisor/manager.
- Signs packing slip or bill of lading. If physical count and the bill of lading or packing slip quantities vary, records any variances by adjusting the quantities on the bill of lading or packing slip.
- Prioritizes urgent incoming parcels and mail for internal deliveries according to delivery type, e.g., overnight deliveries, messenger service, perishables, etc., by placing parcels in designated areas for immediate delivery. Stages the parcels for delivery in designated areas according to building designation, i.e., Rockefeller, Howard, Bobst, etc.
- Uncrates and, if necessary, palletizes and stacks onto appropriate internal delivery trucks.
- Completes delivery information on the parcel label, i.e., employee name and location, if the information on the label is incomplete by performing the following steps: query the Smartstream system or the MSKCC telephone directory web page or MSKCC employee directory.
- Makes two copies of packing slip and attaches to box containing merchandise.
- Delivers merchandise/equipment to requisitioner and requests signature for merchandise delivered. Provides requisitioner with a copy of the packing slip for his/her record.
- Records parcels delivered without purchase order into the delivery log book by indicating tracking number, sender’ s name, and recipient’ s name.
- Uses designated delivery routes as outlined by supervisor/coordinator.
- Provides original packing slip to data entry clerk for data entry and files signed copy in appropriate folder sorted by purchase order sequence number.
- Receives, sorts, and delivers postal mail to all parts of the Center.
- Stays in the presence of all deliveries until each is received by the requisitioner.
- Keep all outgoing merchandise, equipment and mail in the shipping office or mailroom and within sight until picked up by staff, carrier, or other transporter.
- Closes the roll down gates of any of the loading docks at the designated time.
- Notifies Security if unauthorized personnel enter the shipping/receiving areas and incidence to supervisor/coordinator or manager.