Mgr Disaster Recovery
see JD, Colorado
Manager Disaster Recovery
Our client is one of the world’ s largest learning companies, with expertise in educational course ware and assessment, and a range of teaching and learning services all powered by technology. They help people progress through life with access to better learning. They believe that learning opens opportunities, creates fulfilling careers and betters lives for all.
- Lead and enhance the comprehensive DR strategy/plan for recovering critical business services in the event of a crisis, in cooperation with Business Units, Application Teams, Hosting Vendors, Technical Functional Teams, Management and other stakeholders; Current experience in Cloud, Hybrid and Data Center based recovery strategies, technologies, and methodologies.
- Manage the disaster recovery plans to ensure that the agreed upon recovery objectives of the business can be achieved.
- Maintain a comprehensive DR testing schedule and coordinate annual exercises.
- Undertake quality reviews of all procedures and ensure that improvements are incorporated into the testing schedule.
- Cooperate with application and business teams to maintain awareness of DR objectives within supported business areas.
- Participate in regular reviews of each business area BIA, at least annually, to ensure the DR plan accurately incorporates all business processing requirements.
- Provide input to requirements and manage contracts with providers of third-party recovery services.
- Collaborate and assist Management in declaring a disaster.
- Participate as a member of the Crisis Management Team.
- Coordinate and assist with recovery site management.
- Coordinate business continuity and planning for Technology Operations and staff.
- Assure disaster recovery documentation is maintained, annual test exercises are scheduled and conducted, exercise results are reported to senior management, and remediation plans are created and tracked to completion.
- Work with application teams to develop detailed Application Recovery Plans for DR covered applications.
- Coordinate remediation efforts for Disaster Recovery gaps and open items that prevent successful execution of DR recovery.
- Lead awareness training efforts for IT staff.
- Maintain/update/distribute automated plans and contact/calling lists.
- Participate and represent Technology Operations as a member of Incident Management Teams (IMT) at DR Sites.
- Producing reports and recommendations (as applicable) to address any process gaps observed.
- Proven track record in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity project methodology.
- Relevant work experience with current IaaS and PaaS technologies as well as experience managing DR and BCP in a containerized microservices environment.
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors.
- Experience leading project work across multiple teams to achieve a single goal.
- Knowledge of ITIL standards.
- Experience engaging stakeholders in continuity and disaster recovery planning.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering, or business administration preferred or equivalent job experience.
- Excellent project management skills
- Disaster Recovery certification, such as CBCP, ABCP, MBCP, CBCBP or similar preferred.
- Ability to be able to foster co-operation and teamwork to achieve defined objectives.
- Must have the ability to interact and collaborate effectively with colleagues from technical teams, business units, managers, sr. managers and with a wide range of stakeholders and business partners.
- Must have excellent people management skills with the ability to delegate tasks and inspire and develop staff.
- Ability to manage at both the detail and bigger picture levels.
- Self-starter, self-motivated.