Product Release Manager
Raleigh, North Carolina
Product Release Manager
Our client is one of the world’ s largest learning companies, with expertise in educational courseware and assessment, and a range of teaching and learning services all powered by technology. They help people progress through life with access to better learning. They believe that learning opens opportunities, creates fulfilling careers and betters lives for all.
- Manage the planning of software releases using industry proven project management policies and practices.
- Work closely with programmer workstreams and BAU support teams to ensure all acceptance criteria are met and risk has been identified and mitigated prior to release to production.
- Coordinates with multiple delivery teams regarding the necessary testing collateral and resources to support release/enhancement deployment.
- Analyze enhancement/release requirements and ensure healthy build quality.
- Act as a gatekeeper for Production environments.
- Develop effective relationships within and among key stakeholders crossing business and technical teams, negotiating expected outcomes.
- Assist with creation of release/enhancement related communications.
- Monitors the completion of tasks within time and cost constraints and ensures technical and functional objectives are met.
- Responsible for driving adherence to project milestones, including implementing appropriate corrective actions when progress deviates from plan.
- Report and highlight workstream risks and issues to the project management team.
- Coordinating with the QA group to ensure the adequate test scenarios and resources are collated and scheduled.
- Coordinating with the business regarding process and work instruction updates/testing.
- Ensuring the correct communications are in place for issues and problems.
- Demonstrable experience of release management.
- Experience in gatekeeping Production environment.
- Experience assessing risk for determining appropriate levels of build quality.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle ERP and been part of large implementations, with acumen to dive into technical details.
- Strong knowledge of Kintana and other release management tools.
- Experience leading ambiguous code basis, dealing with Production issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure superior build quality.
- Able to actively promote and represent the core deliverables of the program.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
- Ability to communicate professionally, clearly and effectively to target audiences.
- Excellent customer service ethic.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines. Good organizational, planning & time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and understanding of how information should be presented to get across important issues to different groups of stakeholders.
- Proactive in seeking information, challenging norms and driving efficiency.
- Experience leading managers and team in multiple geographies.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively assess and resolve.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of status, actions, risks and issues.
- Work closely with developers and facilitate communications between development and business Workstream/Team Skills.
- Strong track record of working in a small to medium sized team.
- Track record of effectively delivering large scale programs through a team.
- Experience in using release management tools and software test reporting, including developing, implementing, maintaining and managing manual/automated testing systems and environments.
- 4 years bachelors.
- 5+ years IT experience in Release Management field.
- Supporting Oracle ERP product releases, Certification in Release Management.
- Worked in SVN tools.
- PVCS for code management.
- Started as data base manager or technical background then move to Release management.
- Need combination of release manager and the technical piece (data base background).