Our client is the world’ s learning company, with expertise in educational courseware and assessment, and a range of teaching and learning services all powered by technology. They help people progress through life with access to better learning. They believe that learning opens opportunities, creates fulfilling careers and betters lives for all.
- Manage the operational aspects of UX research and design to reduce overhead.
- Liaise between the Experience Design team and non-design functional teams, maintaining communication with stakeholders on realistic expectations of delivery.
- Support the Experience Design team to assure the team is running smoothly in a predictable manner to allow the team to focus on their work. Inform designers of processes requirements, workstreams, and principles from non-design or cross functional teams to increase collaboration and improve estimates and planning.
- Define, communicate and maintain a stable definition of ‘ ready for design’ which product team stakeholders understand and can buy into.
- Participate in relevant core team meetings, to communicate delivery schedules, project status, and communicate risks.
- Support the Experience Design team in roadmap planning, resourcing, scheduling, prioritizing and alignment to product teams.
- Collaborate with Experience Design managers, researchers, prototypes, PMs, POs, and engineering teams to plan projects, gather resources and insights, communicate risks related to design, size epics, features, etc.
- Represent the design team on monthly program reviews, and roadmap meetings to ensure communication of project status.
- Communicate and convey delivery issues with non-design functional teams such as engineering, product, PMO, and executive leadership.
- UX experience – know the ins and outs.
- Program and project management experience.
- Designer experience.
- Experience with large/complex project experience.
- Agile Experience.
- 5+ years of professional design operations and project management experience, specifically aligned with user experience / product design teams (not looking for someone with 15 or more years of experience.
- Proven success implementing project management best practices for design and product teams from early concept through product launch.
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
- Experience coordinating multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Experience in an Agile development environment.
- Experience in educational products, features and functions is a plus.
- Bachelor’ s degree required.