Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Our client owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premiere motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
ektello is seeking a Research Analyst to work in our client’ s fortune entertainment Digital Branding Team!
- Conduct advanced analytics and consumer segmentation using applications such as SAS or SPSS to maximize the effectiveness of marketing efforts and drive strategy.
- Participate the design and development of high profile research studies in support of operations and overall marketing efforts.
- Create, manage and regularly distribute critical marketing-related reports utilizing relational databases and reporting technologies such as Microstrategy, Tableau, Cognos, SQL, Excel, and Access.
- Participates in the design and development, in partnership with IT, of Business Intelligence platforms and reporting.
- Identify system problems, communicate details and collaborate with IT to design solutions on a pro-active, self-directed basis.
- Ensure compliance with Data Management Laws.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’ s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for the design and management of select analytical practices that incorporate demographic and behavioral data from CI systems, online tracking data and 3rd party enhanced data.
- Partnership with internal marketing teams.
- Enhance understanding and increase value by application of actionable segmentation and models.
- Responsible for design and management of reporting solutions and analysis which drive the strategy and optimization of marketing programs and operational excellence.
- Previous experience with marketing and customer sentiment strategy required.
- Demonstrated experience with advanced statistical and modeling tools, SPSS required, excellent analytical skills required including advanced statistical and data mining techniques.
- Ability to develop, measure, and report upon key indicators in support of strategy initiatives, marketing efforts, and operational excellence.
- Ability to evaluate quantitative/qualitative data sets and determine “ big picture” implications required.
- Ability to work directly with internal clients/departments and lead research initiatives in support of strategy and marketing efforts.
- Proficiency communicating research results in written, visual and verbal form required.
- Strong presentation skills are a must.
- Ability to work independently in a deadline oriented environment.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Ability to handle multiple projects required.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment required.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’ s degree is required.
- MBA, Master’ s degree in Social Sciences or Statistics/Data Mining is desired.
- Economics, Statistics, Market Research, Data Analysis, or related (or combination of business-related Bachelor' s and Master' s in analysis-related program) required.
- Advanced training in statistics and data mining preferred.
- 2+ years advanced statistical analysis and data mining required.
- Proven experience leading the development, execution, and delivery of research studies, including querying, reporting, analysis, and presentation/storytelling required.
- SPSS required.
- Proficiency with survey platforms such as Qualtrics or Confirmit required.
- Experience working with advanced reporting and Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos preferred; proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products required.