Union, New Jersey
ektello is actively seeking creative, innovative, team-oriented individuals who are passionate about bettering the client’ s brand and its ongoing mission to significantly enhance the way people live, work and play.
- Website Analysis: Review, analyze and audit branded web sites/pages for content and to identify SEO areas for improvement (e.g., site architecture areas that need to be improved, revamped, etc); assist with detailed SEO strategy reports
- SEO Content: Provide keyword research and SEO writing guidelines to copywriters
- Search Engine Guidelines: Keep current of Google’ s best practices and guidelines.
- Liaison: SEO associate liaise with many different departments and professionals, inside the company and with third party vendors in defining and executing relevant SEO plans, best practices and deliverables. Facilitate the editing and approvals process with the key teams (e.g., copywriters, legal). Work with the appropriate internal teams as well as other key stakeholders to ensure the SEO elements as well as content moves to the websites.
- Self-Starter: As the position entails so many elements, an SEO specialist should be a self-starter; someone who doesn’ t require handholding. They should be able to assess a situation, develop a plan, get approval and run with it.
- Analytical Thinker: it’ s imperative that SEO associate possess critical thinking and analytical skills. They should be able to readily identify problems and formulate practical solutions. Provide SEO recommendations based on analysis.
- Understand how integration of blogs, expert content, subject matter experts, video and other content forms affect the outcome of a particular execution versus another approach and be able to defend recommendations with solid insights.
- Run weekly and monthly SEO reports (includes traffic and rankings reports)
- Coordinate SEO efforts with social media, content and PR teams to maximize SEO value
- SEO guidelines for copywriters, design and content team
- Minimum of 3 years proven SEO experience in optimizing B2C websites for search engines
- Experience with keyword research and content optimization
- Proven track record to successfully optimize eCommerce sites for competitive head terms and long tail terms
- Experience working with external agency partners
- Strong understanding of SEO for mobile-specific and responsive sites
- Experience with Google Search Console and Bing webmaster tools
- Proficient in MS Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with web analytics (e.g., Adobe Analytics/Omniture, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, etc.)
- Experience with online competitive intelligence services (e.g., SEMrush, Bright Edge, comScore, Hitwise) a plus
- Examples of increasing ranking results across Google, Yahoo, Bing
- Experience developing mobile SEO strategies and optimizing multimedia content for SEO a plus
- Understanding of natural search tactics and how web metrics are tracked
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; organized with ability to multi-task, prioritize, work quickly and to tight deadlines and to advocate/educate SEO to the wider organization