Senior Software Engineer
New York, New York
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Our client owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premiere motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
ektello is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work in our client’ s fortune entertainment IT Branding Team!
- Manage and build software solutions across the client’ s Digital Platform. The lead role requires hands-on software development skills, deep technical expertise across the entire software delivery process, from content generation to delivery.
- Work closely with the tech lead to bring enhancements to a reality while managing all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science with a minimum of 5+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
- Possess expert knowledge in Performance, Scalability, Web Application Security, and Engineering best practices.
- Experience working with UI component development using React with and without JSX, Redux, templating tools such as Mustache, Handlebars, Pug, Smarty.
- Extensive experience styling web applications using CSS, SASS or LESS.
- Experience with Restful APIs, GraphQL is a plus.
- Experience with responsive design, developing for mobile web and tablets.
- Experience building asynchronous single page web applications using Progressive Web Application concepts, Ajax, CORS.
- Skills using diverse programming paradigms, especially Functional Programming.
- Skills in OOA/OOD, knowledge of design patterns, where, why, and how they work well.
- Experience utilizing Test / Behavior Driven Development, and in general unit testing, and integration testing.
- Comfortable on a whiteboard, and translating design sessions into formal documents, and diagrams using UML, and related visual languages for describing software system architecture.
- Possess knowledge of a broad range of data structures and algorithms and know how, when and when-not to use them.
- Expertise in all facets of web development including front and backend technologies.
- Experience working on large scale, high traffic web sites.
- Must be able to work onsite at their headquarters in Englewood Cliffs,
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States Languages.
- Database: MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB
- Tools: Github, Jenkins, SVN, Eclipse, Sublime, Atom, Textmate, Terminal, Vim, Splunk, New Relic, Catchpoint, and Simpli
- Others: Unix shell scripting
- Strong Communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work in a highly collaborative, multi-country/time zone environment.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to track and prioritize numerous tasks.
- Proactive personality with a proven track record of following through, exhibiting ownership, and delivering on responsibilities.
- Highly adaptive and capable of being an individual contributor and working as part of an extended team.