Social Media Specialist
Winter Park, Florida
Social Media Specialist
Our client offers degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. They offer associate' s, bachelor' s, and master' s degrees that are centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving. Sitting on acres of studios, labs, performance venues and production environments, our client is anything but ordinary.
- Creates, manages and grows the company presence across social media channels, including, but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Creates content including photography and/or designing imagery for social media channels.
- Working knowledge and real-world experience in planning, managing and executing social media initiatives.
- Innovate new and creative ways to use social platforms and digital content to tell stories, empower advocates, heighten the student experience, connect with grads and grow awareness
- Write and manage an evolving editorial calendar on a daily/weekly basis
- Become an active community member for the company in social media and third party channels, including responding in a timely manner and making updates and posts
- Formulate compelling copy and content ideas as well as project manage asset creation
- Working with social media team to pull data and reports to assess effectiveness of strategy.
- Assists social media team on site in support of all company events.
- Utilizing social listening tools to understand current conversations and how it can create new social opportunities
- Monitoring ongoing social and cultural conversation to identify content opportunities and act through copy, photography and/or graphic design
- Have exceptional writing skills to create copy for social media assets
- Working cross functionally with PR and brand
- Assist in day-to-day social media strategy, campaigns and execution
- Accountable for the creation of presentations in a timely manner
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of trends, tools, applications and emerging technologies in the social media space.
- Adheres to the company policies and procedures
- Maintains strict confidentiality of company and personnel information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
- STRONG Photography and/or graphic designs skills, excellent writing and grammar, strong project management skills, detailed oriented, highly autonomous, ability to prioritize projects, work in a fast paced environment.
- BS/BA Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related discipline
- 2-3 years of social media experience for a brand or agency
- 1-2 years of photography and/or graphic design experience
- Experienced in professional writing structure knowledge, ability to flex between formal and entertaining writing styles
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their communities (Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) and how they can be deployed in various initiatives