San Francisco, California
- Create the technical strategy for the Autonomous Vehicle ecosystem
- Spend majority of time doing hands-on coding
- Conduct code reviews and mentor junior members of the team
- Drive consensus with peer group and through cross-functional teams to improve and support software
- Ability to own and drive software architecture of a wide variety of complex systems from Infotainment through HTML to Analytics and Deep Learning
- Develop and improve complex software systems to have clean architecture and high performance
- Provide leadership to the organization on software architecture from the systems layers up to the application layer
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or related technical field.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Experience with defining technical product specifications
- Experience with making various architectural decisions given a set of functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience with Application, Integration (REST API design), Infrastructure, and Security architectures
- Experience with iterating quickly and applying Agile/Scrum
- Excellent communication skills
- Results-oriented, collaborative, and comfortable with ambiguity
- Continuously stay up to date and bring new ideas to the team
- Implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Hands-on and can-do attitude in developing solutions to software architectures to meet user experience, platform or performance needs.
- Experience with common programming languages from C through HTML. Broad experience with software at all levels is a must.
- Experience with platform software and providing platforms (i.e. browser platforms), underlying hardware abstractions up to cloud platforms
- Rich experience in software throughout the ecosystem from embedded, mobile and cloud platforms.
- Master’ s degree in computer science or related technical field
- Experience with Apiary, Docker, DevOps, Circle CI/Jenkins, Rancher, Mac development environment
- Develop and deployed to production on Amazon Web Services EC2
- Prior experience with Autonomous Vehicles
- Extensive experience with testing frameworks
- Experience developing in small teams
- Advocate for Test-Driven Development, Behavior-Driven Development, Pair Programming, Design Driven Development, Refactoring, Design Patterns, Responsive Web Design
- Mentoring and previous technical lead experience