Software Dev Engineer I
One Verizon Way Dulles, VA 20166
12 month contract with potential Hire
We are currently seeking a Software Developer with 2-3 years of solid experience in SQL, Unix or Sheloo scripting + 1 year of experience in a production support environment role.
This role entails:
- Providing support for our clients/merchants who utilize our API platform, direct customer/client interaction, post-launch maintenance, debugging issues faced by our clients in Production, responding and resolving application support/trouble calls from both the internal and external user base, participating on the Production install call to validate OBI functionality.
- Creating automation and scripting tools for faster customer support and identifying issues ·
- Setting up Monitoring / Alerting tools to notify issues in production · Answer technical questions and gather future requirements from the clients.
- Run simple to complex queries/scripts to check and analyze the data ·
- As part of the engineering team that is engaged in the coding or QA work to enhance the platform functionality
The ideal candidate has:
- 3-4 years production support experience
- Advanced technical skills with hands-on troubleshooting, including parsing logs and following stack traces ·
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information security, information technology, or equivalent industry experience
May require night or weekend support.