Software Engineer - Senior Level
San Diego, California
Software Engineer – Senior Level
Are you familiar with a company with a diversified business that includes consumer and professional electronics, gaming entertainment, and financial services? Our client is one of the leading manufacturers of electronic products for the consumer and professional markets.
They are at the forefront of technological innovation and entertainment.
ektello is actively seeking creative, innovative, team-oriented individuals who are passionate about bettering the client’ s brand and its ongoing mission to significantly enhance the way people live, work and play.
- Senior Software Engineers are responsible for analyzing, designing, programming, debugging, and modifying software enhancements and/or new products.
- Use current programming language and technologies, they will write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networking with key contacts outside own area of expertise is an additional responsibility of this Software Engineer.
- Experience with JS frameworks such as Angular, React, React Native
- Experience with NodeJS and NPM
- Experience with Web services and REST APIs
- A passion for Web Development and open source projects
- Adaptability; Be able to learn new languages, frameworks or plugins quickly
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems and then develop and implement solutions; a proven track record with experience leading technical projects to successful completion, from conception through implementation required
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to all levels within the organization including: verbally and in writing
- Must have 3 to 10 years of related engineering experience
- Bachelor' s Degree in Engineering is required or equivalent
- Public/proven contributions to open source projects
- Public/proven web-oriented hobby projects
- Experience with Database design
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with Express or Hapi
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Experience with Mobile development (Android, iOS, WinRT and/or " Cordova"/" Phone Gap")
- Experience with rapidly prototyping with new technologies
- Experience with Agile/Lean methodologies