Special Events Manager
Special Events Manager
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Our client owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premiere motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
ektello is seeking a Designer to work in our client’ s fortune entertainment Digital Branding Team!
- Develop and implement creative ways to engage employee base in coordination with overall Human Resources and Communication strategy.
- Create programs and events to maintain a positive work environment and company pride focusing on company initiatives, community investment, and TV show launches, as well as networking activities with other Film & NBCU colleagues and celebrating important business achievements
- Manage and supervise employee activities including professional development courses, team-building, and cross-departmental communication
- Oversee and coordinate company town halls, executive meetings/roundtables and other key events
- Contribute to building communication strategies involving various platforms such as email, print, social media, grass-roots marketing and intranet (Atlassian) to maximize engagement with our diverse employee population
- Manage all internal communications on behalf of the TV Division
- Develop and lead strategic promotional campaigns for internal events and outreach initiatives
- Organize events for up to 2, 000 attendees and oversee entertainment, media, catering, promotional items, and more
- Off site event planning ranges from premiere and wrap parties, leadership dinners, awards shows and more
- Manage the division' s community investment efforts and relationships with non-profit partners, arrange for in-kind donations, fulfill compassion requests for terminally ill children, and arrange for employee volunteer opportunities
- Offer studio tours to special guests and industry associates Special Event Planning Responsibilities -Create invitations, flyers, posters
- Manage guest lists -Identify venues and negotiate best rates for external parties (cast/crew, retirement, awards show after-parties, etc.)
- Coordinate with vendors (entertainment, food & beverage, special activities, a/v, etc.)
- Establish budget with various business partners and senior leadership and stay within proposed parameters
- Create overall look and feel of all events in coordination with various business partners and senior leadership at DreamWorks Animation Television
- Oversee gift giving and party favors from creation to best rate negotiation to distribution
- Occasionally work evenings and/or weekends outside of normal business hours
- The Manger, Special Events will execute special employee events that will enhance the overall employee culture.
- In this role, the individual will liaise with the senior management team to foster frequent and streamlined communication and engaging events across the employee base and the TV division.
- He or she will also work closely with Human Resources and Film Corporate Communications within DreamWorks, Universal and NBCUniversal on employee communications matters.
- The Manager will organize and produce all employee focused events including employee town halls, TV show release and wrap activities, employee engagement and appreciation, networking, and other events, as necessary.
- The Manager should be employee engagement-focused, proactive, strategic and creative in approach and suited for a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- As a note, the hours in the job order are part-time for now, until January 2018 where it would transition to full-time hours.