Sr Build/Release Engineer
Morrisville, North Carolina
Sr. Build/Release Engineer
Our client is one of the world’ s largest learning companies, with expertise in educational courseware and assessment, and a range of teaching and learning services all powered by technology. They help people progress through life with access to better learning. They believe that learning opens opportunities, creates fulfilling careers and betters lives for all.
- Develops, analyzes and maintains tools that support and automate processes for hardware or software product release.
- Writes installation scripts and programs for installation of products.
- Works with project teams to determine an appropriate build schedule and then initiates the build and packaging process.
- Work closely with our Infrastructure Provider, Oracle Managed Cloud Services - OMCS.
- Responsible for server, application and instance delivery to support our North America Project deliverables and schedules.
- Collaborate with current Architecture, Environment, Database, Application, Network, Project Management Teams to deliver Environments and Infrastructure. Will need to coordinate across Projects Teams in shared Environment Topology.
- Assist in management and integration of BAU and Project tracks to:
- Coordinate with Release and Change Management Leads to identify critical bug fixes applied to production that need to be retrofitted into Project environments.
- Coordinate code/config from parallel projects, which may impact the North America Project. Retrofit these modifications into the Project environments if required.
- Environment and Infrastructure Engineer responsible for delivery of infrastructure and environments to support our North America Enabling Program E-Business Suite, ASCP, OBIEE, Hyperion, GRC, MDM, Kofax Markview, and Fadel IPM TEP Project components. Progress reporting during all project phases.
- Will recommend environment utilization. Manage and escalate related issues/risks.
- Release and Change Management Skills following DEV/SIT/UAT/Pre-PROD/PROD life-cycle.
- Environment outage coordination and communication. Goal is to minimize impact. Includes Patching, Service and Refresh Outages
- Drive application readiness (availability and connectivity) for each test cycle and production deployment.
- Setting up meetings with stakeholders, provide status and escalate issues.
- Knowledge of Server CPU, Memory, I/O, shared resource allocation to support Project Application Components.
- Knowledge of Oracle RDBMS configuration, refresh strategies and sizing.
- PMO skills necessary for Requirements Gathering, Task Identification, Scheduling and Delivery.
- Documentation of above including Environment, Instance Strategy, Component Flow, Satellite Application and Interface dependencies.