Sr LAMP Stack Engineer for IST (Internet Service Technology).
Culver City, California
SR. LAMP STACK ENGINEER
The Senior Systems Engineer will be a core member of a team accountable for the uptime and management of global technology infrastructure. The incumbent will provide planning, recommendations and maintenance on all hardware and software for the global system infrastructure, both internally (on premise) and externally (Cloud). Responsibilities include requirements regarding the System Infrastructure environment: servers, storage, network services (dns/dhcp), web application stack and cloud platform support and automation of redundant tasks. The scope will also encompass planning and management of the Systems Infrastructure in collaboration with other Sr. Team members.
Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for providing support functions including problem determination and resolution, technical solution development, automation of redundant tasks, policies, procedures and processes governing the use and operation of the multi-tenant hosting environment. This position requires an emphasis on problem management, project management as well as building and maintaining positive business relationships with the IT Organizations, clients and vendors.
System Engineering Support: 40%
- Senior team member on a team of Internet Systems Technology Team.
- Maintain SPE IST service build standard on all different supported distributions.
- Develop installations and integrations of multiple operating systems
- Maintain and extend automation strategy for customer application stacks and services
- Establish standards for network, server, storage and associated services (on-prem and Cloud)
- Establish system usage policies and communicate policies to affected audience(s).
- Develop performance management procedures for system infrastructure.
- Manage and maintain system resources, globally, throughout the global environment.
- Manage IT Staff relationships to insure service levels and availability of all systems.
- Manage outages, identify root cause and resolve all network issues within allowed service levels.
- Develop and maintain the automation of rapid service deployment and centralized management of servers.
- Automate and maintain scheduled SPE IST standard patch management activities.
IT Operations Support: 40%
- Manage outages, identify root cause and resolve all system issues within allowed service levels.
- Participate in the daily production meeting to report the status of production systems.
- Participate in the change control, production acceptance and event management processes.
- Participate in the development of operational procedures and policies.
- Participate in the development of a viable, cost-effective high availability strategy.
- Develop report monthly statistics and progress against internal and external service levels.
- Communicate change requests, issues and resolutions, event status as well other important matters to all areas of IT and customer departments.
- Identify, resolve and escalate business issues as appropriate.
- Manage after hours and on-call support.
- Perform infrastructure and service lifecycle management.
- Maintain the system inventory including physical and virtual managed operating systems.
- Maintain the service monitoring solutions as defined by the team
- Maintain the backup solutions as defined by the team
- Manage outages, identify root cause and resolve all server issues within allowed service levels
Provide oral and written status reports to IT management and customer support: 20%