Sr Software Dev Engineer
One Verizon Way Dulles, VA 20166
We are seeking a Java Kafka Developer to become an integral part of our team! You will be responsible for creating and modifying computer application software or specialized utility (Relational Database programs.)
- Upgrading and adding features to an existing Druid (Relational Database)
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions
- Work with project manager or product owner to meet specification needs
- Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Create flowcharts and user guides for new and existing programs
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance
- A solid Computer Science foundation in data structures and algorithms, object oriented programming, and modern software engineering practices .
- 4+ Years of prior Java development experience building enterprise applications.
- Experience with message queuing Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ stream processing and highly scalable ‘ big data’ data stores.
- Experience with web services and security protocols.
- Experience in scripting languages like Python or Perl, and Unix or Linux systems.
- Experience with relational databases like Oracle, etc and non-relational databases like Druid, etc.