Sr Software Engineer
Culver City, California
SR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
The Digital Networks Group at our client is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join the Engineering team. The Digital Networks Group provides the platform and services for the client’ s television networks. This position’ s primary responsibility includes designing, developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining Front-End Applications for one of their platforms, which includes its content management system, search/recommendations and notifications engines, web sites, client apps and back-end services. The Senior Software Engineer will report to the Director, Software Engineering.
- Develop complex, consumer-facing applications for Front-End applications including Web, Mobile and Android TV Platforms.
- Work closely with IT project managers, solutions architects and software developers.
- Focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs
- Establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with the status of their requests.
- Initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues in timely manner.
- Strong understanding of RESTFUL APIs.
- Delivered consumer-facing applications to the web and/or Android/IOS applications to Google Play store/ App store.
- Work experience in cross platform C++ / C# library development.
- Experience in Visual Studio, XCode, Android Studio and other IDEs.
- Familiar with Microsoft eco system including development using C#/.Net platform.
- Familiarity with version control systems including Github.
- Familiar with Software Development methodologies including agile.
- Understanding of Databases including SQL Server, MongoDB.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills – good at documenting code.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, quick learner with very strong technical aptitude and the ability to work concurrently on multiple projects.
- High sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned.