Sr Software Quality Assurance Engineer
SR SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
Our client is the world’ s learning company, with expertise in educational courseware and assessment, and a range of teaching and learning services all powered by technology. They help people progress through life with access to better learning. They believe that learning opens opportunities, creates fulfilling careers and betters lives for all.
- Expert experience or knowledge required in the following: SQE process, SQE documentation, Agile development methodology, and testing
- Expert experience or understanding of Web Services (SOAP, REST)
- Expert experience or knowledge required in: XML; Java; impact analysis, JSON, XPath
- Proficient with automated testing tools including scripting using a framework, executing and debugging
- Understanding of Coding Fundamentals (variable declaration, program flow, functions, error handling, etc)scripts
- Experience using estimation practices related to task durations to meet schedules in an agile software development environment Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle in a SaaS environment Strong working understanding and implementation practice of software development life-cycle and testing tools. Required: ALM
- Bachelor or Advanced Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- The Sr Software Quality Engineer (SQE) performs complex testing tasks requiring planning, scheduling, and testing (development of both manual and automated testing) to assure that developed products meet design specifications and are within total quality management limits and standards.
- Plans, creates and executes automated tests using an test automation tool including, but not limited to, Java based home grown test frameworks, Fitnesse, JUnit, etc. Understands the concepts behind and when to do automation.
- Has demonstrated lead capabilities: lead a team successfully, worked well with other departments – Dev/PM/PdM, etc. Has demonstrated planning and resource scheduling skills. Facilitates troubleshooting and solves problems.
- Understands and applies noSQL concepts (familiarity with Cassandra, MongoDB, etc)
- Ensures highly complex testing on projects such as understanding API/Web Services testing and understanding and is able to disseminate this information to team members.
- Leads, plans, schedules and implements testing for projects, defines test objectives, writes scripts (manual and automated). Formulates test plans including systems analysis, risk analysis, dependency analysis, writing and plotting test strategies, and determines how to report defects (pre/post- production).
- Investigates and reports project issues by communicating and working with various departments including: Development, Product, Project Management, Systems and Application support groups, Network Engineering, etc., as well as other project teams.
- Analyzes and ensures requirements/User Story acceptance criteria are acceptable for test case creation.
- Executes manual and automated test cases, as well as performs back end data validation.
- Tracks test progress and results in test management tools like Jira, Stash, Jenkins and ALM.
- Familiar with Software Development process and workflows and experienced with coding techniques, tools, methods, review and best practices
- 5 to 8 yrs software testing, development, or research