Sr. Business Analyst
HOBOKEN, New Jersey
Sr. Business Analyst
Our client is the world’ s learning company, with expertise in educational courseware and assessment, and a range of teaching and learning services all powered by technology. They help people progress through life with access to better learning. They believe that learning opens opportunities, creates fulfilling careers and betters lives for all.
- Responsible for activities involving the formulation of systems scope and objectives, analyzing and evaluating existing or proposed systems, and devising or modifying procedures to solve end user problems.
- Conducts feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, and investigates the establishment and implementation of new or revised applications systems and programs.
- Encodes tests and debugs applications programs and procedures.
- May cover such duties as preparing detailed specifications from which programs can be written; conducting problem analysis and submitting recommendations for a solution; report design and generation.
- May write some screen interfaces or small executables but typically does not do much coding.
- In this role, the person will be required to take a business centric approach and interact with business users across all levels of the organization to ensure that Business Requirements are documented, managed, prioritised, signed off, tested and that the system is successfully adopted by the Users.
- Facilitate requirement gathering meetings via workshops, interviews, case studies and any other effective means Identify, define, interpret and clarify scope of problems/issues in terms of business and/or system requirements and processes
- Document and maintain Operational Processes including capture of As Is Processes and definition and mapping of To Be Processes (in conjunction with technology)
- Communicate complex business needs into clear, actionable systems requirements, researches and evaluates alternative solutions.
- Evaluate design of existing systems and target core Platform to judge their functionality, effectiveness, reliability, performance, usage, maintainability and cost of ownership.
- Create Acceptance Criteria
- Create UAT scenarios and oversee the UAT process
- Conduct Stakeholder analysis
- Work with Technology Development team to enable them to define solutions
- Work with the Test team to ensure requirements are understood and testable
- Work with the Training team to ensure that User training needs are met
- Demonstrate understanding of technical details and solutions
- Articulate data requirements and data quality standards
- Collaborate with other analysts and project contributors to create comprehensive and cohesive solution approaches.
- Solve complex problems and support the development of innovative solutions related to the asset management platform for work in progress and archive processes for content and products; while driving for OOTB solutions and articulate pros/cons of customizations
- Deliver optimal and scalable solutions with best practice Rollout and support of technology
- At least 3 years of proven experience in a Business Analyst role covering the end to end project lifecycle and all of the responsibilities above
- Educated to degree level or has relevant experience
- Extensive experience working in Agile environments
- Ability to perform efficiently within a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving skills required
- Self starter
- Excellent communication, leadership, organization, research, and team-work skills required
- Proficient in process mapping applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite products
- Able to demonstrate a range of techniques to elicit requirements
- Experience within Publishing or Media
- Experience with complex, enterprise, global content management solutions such as Alfresco, MarkLogic Documentum, Xinet, Drupal and their business implementation
- Experience with video transformation / transcoding
- Experience with Authoring and Content enrichment systems