Sr. Project Manager
Sr. Project Manager
Our client is one of the world’ s largest learning companies, with expertise in educational courseware and assessment, and a range of teaching and learning services all powered by technology. They help people progress through life with access to better learning. They believe that learning opens opportunities, creates fulfilling careers and betters lives for all.
- Manages all aspects of various technical projects (projects that focus on software development, hardware, information technology and technical applications), including assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project(s).
- Effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
- Communicates with project leaders and/or sponsors and functional area Managers regarding status of specific projects.
- Organizes various sources of data into coherent plan to deliver migration, including schedule, resource plan, budget and entry risks and mitigation.
- Oversees and coordinates analysts and technical resources - both onshore and offshore - including ) to deliver migrations on time and on budget.
- Delivery focused role, involving migration planning, prioritization of tasks and resolution of issues to deliver per the corporate property schedule.
- Maintains oversight of the migration team, ensuring consistency and quality across planning artefacts and key outputs. Identifies risks and issues, works to develop effective resolution plans, and escalates in a timely manner for needed program and organizational leadership help.
- Works with Application Owners and Support Teams to effectively plan and execute migration through: upfront planning, scheduling, design, testing and migration.
- Coordinates resource allocations across the team.
- Coordination of third party resources involved across migration teams.
- Effectively communicates, verbally and in written form, project status, risks and issues.
- Experience with data center or office (technology only) type consolidation, relocation, decommission and brand new locations.
- Experience working with matrixed resource teams.