Sr. Software Developer
Sr. Software Developer
Our client is the world’ s learning company, with expertise in educational courseware and assessment, and a range of teaching and learning services all powered by technology. They help people progress through life with access to better learning. They believe that learning opens opportunities, creates fulfilling careers and betters lives for all.
- Work on Mission-critical One Identity for all our client' s customers and employees. Design and develop solid and scalable cloud applications and platform components for our future target solution.
- Quickly understand existing code base powering current application platform components.
- Work with product team and provide technical perspective to influence future direction.
- Collaborate with adjacent teams to develop solutions at a corporate program level.
- Help establish ambitious yet realistic timelines for software deliverables.
- Research, design and implement improvements to platform technology solutions.
- Write software designs, specifications and component architecture for feature implementation.
- Write, unit test, manage and submit software code following software development process, guidelines, and best practices.
- Help drive sound engineering design, process and quality practices.
- Work closely with other team members to design and implement new features and solutions.
- Tackle some of the more challenging problems in distributed computing, API design, etc.
- Resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently.
- Communicate effectively with management and team members.
- B.S. / M.S. Computer Science or equivalent, with strong fundamentals and problem solving skills (such as data structures, computational algorithms, and operating systems).
- Expert full stack developer, capable at all tiers from the front end UI to the backend data store.
- 5 years of building scalable solutions in a distributed environment.
- 5 years of design skills – Object Oriented Analysis and Design Patterns.
- 5 years coding in Java.
- 3 years creating Web Services (both RESTful and SOAP).
- 3 years using Spring framework.
- 2 years working with JDBC, Hibernate, or equivalent persistence layer.
- 2 years experience SQL in Oracle database environment or noSQL (MongoDB).
- 2 years developing on Unix / Linux operating system.
- 2 years experience with Test Driven Development.
- Experience debugging distributed systems with high data loads.
- Prior experience working on high scalability projects in cloud-based environment.
- Deep understanding of distributed data models.
- Knowledge of proper API design practices (both RESTful and SOAP).
- Experience with all ancillary technologies necessary for Internet applications: HTTP, TCP/IP, POP/SMTP, etc.
- Successful track record of developing high quality software products and shipping production ready software on schedule.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Accomplished team player with a desire to work hard, get along with others, and have fun.
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment.
- Prior experience in Authentication frameworks (OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML etc)
- Familiarity with AWS, MongoDB
- Third party API integration experience.
- Prior experience working in the E-Learning industry.
- Understand of emerging web and mobile development models.