Sr. Workplace Strategist
Newark, New Jersey
Sr. Workplace Strategist
Our client is best known for selling and producing spoken audio entertainment, information, and educational programming on the Internet. They are also the world’ s largest producer of downloadable audiobooks. They offer tremendous opportunities for growth and thrive to create category-leading products that enrich the lives of millions of people around the world every day.
- Gathers data and performs research and strategic analysis of factors that affect the workplace (i.e. employee work patterns, communication, process integration, organizational culture, workplace effectiveness etc.).
- Identifies and validates existing organizational requirements and work space needs including growth forecasting, specialized requirements, head and seat counts and employee requirements at the business and employee level.
- Measures and analyzes workplace effectiveness through discussion, site observation, space and benchmarking studies. Identifies work styles, employee and space barriers to productivity and overall attitude towards change.
- Creates comprehensive and compelling business case scenarios for change within the workplace.
- Develops preliminary design concepts, defines program requirements and recommended work settings in combination with strategic portfolio and space analytics. Provides recommendations specific to furniture, technologies and other infrastructure as it relates to AWS.
- Provides thought leadership in the area of workplace strategy through knowledge sharing, participation and facilitation to help evolve the workplace, people within it and the technologies used.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce occupancy costs and operating costs through alternative workplace strategies and consolidation/ co-location assessments.
- Develop both quantitative and qualitative tools for the analysis of data related to space planning, occupancy, workplace performance, and real estate strategies.
- Develops and facilitates workplace surveys, conduct individual and group interviews and focus groups.
- Benchmarks specific metrics that are important to Audible to gauge competitiveness in cost, quantity, efficiency, and productivity across Audible’ s workplace.
- Keeps Audible up to date with emerging trends and insights with regards to workplace strategy, design and best practices.
- Develops and maintains project schedule and budget to ensure it is in line with the approved mandate.
- Build relationships with key Business Partners across the organization and establishes themselves as a trusted partner.
- Leads milestone meetings with internal / external team members and project stakeholders defining key goals and objectives.
- Takes initiative, works well independently in addition to the team setting.
- Lead initiatives and special projects, as required, in support of departmental and business objectives.
- Influencer with extensive knowledge of alternative workplace strategies and concepts, with the ability to communicate how business needs are changing and how people, places and technologies drive change within the workplace.
- Have 10+ years of relevant work experience in space/occupancy planning at a strategic level, plus experience with corporate real estate, corporate interior design, and strategic facility management.
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge in programming, project planning and design at the regional and global levels with the ability to create effective solutions meeting universal design and building code requirements while incorporating workplace strategies and sustainable design principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the construction industry best practices and standard procedures, building infrastructure and its affect from a planning perspective.
- Expert in requirement gathering, program development, capacity planning and solving complex programmatic challenges.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills.
- Excels at problem solving with excellent analytical, quantitative, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Process orientated and capacity to assess and shift priorities as required in order to ensure deadlines are met.
- Excellent knowledge of and skills in utilizing AutoCAD software. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project and Visio. Knowledge of Revit.
- Knowledge of CAFM/IWMS software in particular Infusion.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to adapt to change when necessary.
- Experience with creative and/or technology companies preferred.
- Experience with fast-paced and rapidly expanding companies preferred.
- LEED AP and Sustainability certification or MCR.w accreditation an asset.
- Knowledge of best practice change management methodologies and tools.