New York, New York
The prestige that follows our clients name will follow you too as you help to shape the way the world receives its media coverage. They own and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premiere motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
- Provide medium-advanced (level 2/3) support of news production systems in a 24/7/365 live television production environment for systems serving thousands of clients across multiple client brands.
- Experience in handling on-air user/system issues and providing solutions under SLA.
- Implementation of standards, controls, processes and technologies that ensure a high degree of availability and reliability for the systems and its workflows.
- Planning, Scheduling and Performing of preventative and upgrade maintenance across all the supported systems.
- Serve as on-call escalation resource for internal and other client support teams, involving on-site coverage during normal business hours as well as on-call support before/after normal working hours.
- Perform system-level troubleshooting of technical software and hardware, other computer and server systems associated with news production. This is applicable to both bare metal and virtual environments.
- Ready to adopt new systems, technologies and processes to meet future growth of our clients’ needs and those of the team.
- Track issues and resolutions, having effective communications within the team, operational groups and clients.
- Interface with vendors/manufacturers to address issues, feature requests, and changes
- Document processes and monitor systems. Investigate causes, and implement solutions
- Promote best practices.
- Identify and plan for operational risks relative to production requirements over short, medium, and long-term projects.
- Provide product and support training, cross-training, knowledge transfer, and develop documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work with offshore team to handle daily and other on-demand tasks including operational information handoffs to ensure the entire team is ready to support and manage around the clock.
- Automating and supporting redundant, maintenance and deployment procedures to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Candidate must have 5+ years of systems management experience with proven expertise in media and systems support.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- An Associate Degree in a relevant technical discipline, or certificate from an accredited technical training institution.
- Advanced to Expert level knowledge of Media Asset Management and Production suite of products and peripherals (AVID’ s MediaCentral, Interplay MAM, Interplay PAM, iNews, Archives, etc...).
- Experience and knowledge in overall media life cycle from capture to archive is a must
- Computing and network systems, standards, applications and methodologies.
- Program/Project Management - Ability to communicate complicated technical issues in a straightforward and concise manner to audiences with widely varying levels of technical expertise.
- Experience working with IT systems and web technologies, with a solid understanding of network protocols, standards, and fundamentals (e.g. DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, VLANS, etc.).
- Experience and knowledge in RDBMS databases (knowledge of Oracle and SQL is a plus).
- Building reporting and working with reporting tools is expected (knowledge of SSIS is plus).
- Working knowledge of Office productivity software, Outlook, Active Directory, iOS, Android and Windows.
- Scripting experience (Shell, Perl, Python, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with modern television production methods and equipment.
- Experience and working knowledge in modern monitoring platforms is required. Knowledge of Zenoss, Splunk, New Relic, App Dynamics are a plus.
- Working knowledge of HD video and audio signal manipulation and signal routing.
- Working knowledge of Audio/Video production system internals and design considerations.
- Working knowledge of end-to-end post-production workflows including media ingest, edit, playback.
- Working knowledge in ticketing lifecycle (end-to-end) and the ITIL process. Experience in ServiceNow is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Video transcoding systems design, configuration and management, a plus, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Avid server systems including ISIS/Interplay/AirSpeeds, a plus, but not required.
- Working knowledge of various Archival storage technologies and systems like Oracle Front porch, IBM TSM library, S3 Object Store, Black pearl, LTO, and overall cloud storage, a plus, but not required.
- Must be adept at building relationships within all technical & operational areas across organizations.
- Willingness to work overtime and/or extended shifts, and on weekends and company holidays with short notice to meet the business needs.
- Strong familiarity with broadcast production or video productions systems, including basic knowledge of non-liner editing tools (like Avid Media Composer).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Expert knowledge of Linux operating systems & associated scripting (Shell).
- Experience with various other operating systems (Windows, Windows Server, Mac OSX, etc.).
- Experience with various databases (Oracle, SQL).
- Strong desire to learn and cross-train in new technologies and passion to maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, working independently and as part of a team in a collaborative manner.
- Demonstrate strong skills in the areas of analysis, organization and escalation.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to triage competing priorities effectively.
- Excellent communication skills and a cool, levelheaded approach. Able to clearly & succinctly communicate actions and/or next steps.
- Highly customer focused and very responsive. Listens, understands and acts.
- Takes accountability for action items and requests even though including with requests outside of his/her direct control, following up and leaving nothing to chance.
- Excellent, Customer-service skills, professional presence.
- Able to effectively communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Customer-service skills are a must in this position due to exposure to users at all levels of seniority.