ektello is actively seeking creative, innovative, team-oriented individuals who are passionate about bettering the client’ s brand and its ongoing mission to significantly enhance the way people live, work and play.
- The Systems Engineer’ s role is to ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions.
- This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems.
- The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’ s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes and service records.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Working knowledge of network and server operating systems, including RHE Linux.
- 5+ years of experience with core applications, such as Apache, MySQL, Java, Perl, Load balancing, Monitoring and Config Management.
- Experience with Hybrid Cloud architectures utilizing technologies such as VMware, OpenStack and Public Cloud is preferred.
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols and Internet standards.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organization, communication, follow-up skills, and attention to detail.