Test Engineer / Validation Engineer
Test Engineer – Components
Are you familiar with multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts? Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
- Support multiple component-level tests within our client' s Lab.
- For each assigned test program, serve as technical lead for test process and execution, coordinating manpower and equipment support/expertise as required. Maintain regular customer communications for status updates and change control. Review test data and generate final reports.
- Ongoing coordination with fellow Component Test Engineering Staff to maximize efficient use of resources and optimize professional development.
- Assist in quality, reliability, and failure reporting; drive closed-loop handling of all issues to ensure continuous improvement and to prevent recurrence of testing process failures.
- Analyze and provide recommendations to improve process quality.
- Provide regular summary reports to management for assigned projects.
- Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Minimum two years of engineering experience in dynamometer or automotive components testing lab.
- Detailed knowledge of propulsion system and component testing processes.
- Familiarity with engineering operations, processes, and best practices.
- Self-directed and motivated individual that excels at managing multiple diverse projects.
- Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills.
- Excels working in a team environment.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Analytical ability where problems are complex.
- Ability to multitask and work well under rigorous timing deadlines.
- Strong baseline automotive background
- Technician background or has worked in the technician industry, worked at an auto-mechanics shop
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a successful Technician (hobbyist level experience is applicable)
- Must be very knowledgeable, diverse, and flexible
- Someone with a strong passion for the automotive industry
- 4 year bachelor of science degree
- Seeking demonstrated successful customer interface skills
- Microsoft suite tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Validation Engineer 4A
- Lead Analysis/Development/Validation (ADV) Subteam process for assigned vehicle programs/partitions.
- Develop and maintain partition ADV Plan/Schedule
- Lead test hardware reduction process for partitions
- Take appropriate action on issues, lead recovery plan efforts as necessary
- Provide ADV partition assessment for PDT/PIT
- Execute Validation Sign-off Process
- Provide technical leadership across platform groups
- Knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Intermediate level
- Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool – Intermediate level
- Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
- Partners with senior management to analyze and solve issues
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
- Strong knowledge of automotive engineering methodology
- Position related experience - 8 years
- Relevant auto industry experience required - Entry level (< 1 year)
- Past experience with our client required - Entry level (< 1 year)
- Areas of expertise include: Testing, Design, Analysis
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering