Validation Engineer - ILE3
Validation Engineer - ILE3
Are you familiar with multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts? Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
- Perform all necessary testing activities within assigned software projects.
- This work includes collaborating tightly with the software development team to perform:
- Automated tests
- Partial/Full Regression
- Specific tests focused on deltas or changes
- Verification of fixed/resolved issues
- Feature acceptance tests
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) tests
- Integration tests
- In vehicle testing
- Defect reproduction
- Create and update test specifications, ensuring test cases are traceable to requirements.
- Creates automated test scripts using common scripting languages and frameworks.
- Execute test cases across multiple platforms and software builds.
- Report and log issues into a defect tracking system, including logs, recreation steps, video and any other supporting documentation.
- Work with the engineering teams to identify, triage and resolve issues.
- Work to ensure assigned testing tasks are completed on time.
- Ensure status and communication reports are detailed, comprehensive and accurate.
- Applies specifications, user guides, use cases, comparable products, and previous known bugs to create and maintain test plans, test designs, and test cases.
- Identifies software issues and enters into issue tracking system with supporting log files and data.
- Coordinates with different departments domestically and internationally. Performs testing in the framework of an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Documents testing and creates test reports.
- Participates in internal and customer test workshops and drives. Provides technical support for the resolution of various internal and customer issues.
- Performs setup of tools/modules/wiring and maintains test benches and test vehicles appropriately.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3-6 years’ experience testing embedded software applications, specifically Infotainment.
- Ability to understand software requirements and software architectures.
- 3-5+ years of Android software development or testing.
- Demonstrated experience functioning in a highly collaborative, demanding, and fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of tools and procedures related to Android system testing.
- Working knowledge of SDLC, functional and non-functional software testing, and various test design methodologies (function, performance, stress, load, risk-based, scenario, etc.,).
- At least one scripting language (Perl, Python, etc.,).
- Defect tracking tools (Bugzilla, etc.,).
- Test management tools (TestRail, RQM, Quality Center, Silk Central, etc.,).
- Configuration Management tools (GIT, Perforce, etc.,).
- Display excellent customer service with customers.
- Previous test experience with real-time or embedded applications.
- Detail oriented and ability to follow through on tasks.
- Ability to work well in a global environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
- Experience utilizing agile software development process
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated experience with languages: C/C++, Java, Perl, Python, Windows and Unix shell scripts.
- Exposure to Android, Apple Carplay.
- Software development experience in POSIX, QNX, or Embedded Linux OS environments
- Prior embedded systems development experience is required
- Experience working in a team environment using Agile software methodologies.
- Working knowledge of embedded software systems.
- Experience working with Automotive infotainment systems.
- Software testing training and conferences (STAR, ISTQB, etc.,).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing interesting software bugs.
- Capable project management and time management skills.
- Passion for testing with an excellent understanding of mobile technologies.
- Experience in developing, testing, and deploying products in global markets