Vehicle Interface Software Engineer (VID)
Harman Engineering Novi, MI 48331
Vehicle Interface Software Engineer
The Vehicle Interface Engineer will analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
A software engineer in this position will focus their time developing and testing software. As a Senior Engineer they will be expected to function as a lead on some projects and mentor less experienced engineers and interns. The person most successful in this position will have a working understanding of operating systems such as QNX and LINUX; Board Support Package (BSP) development; as well as hardware driver development, and sound software development skills including but not limited to software design, implementation/coding, unit and integration testing. They should also have solid knowledge of and experience in embedded C/C++; 8-, 16- and 32-bit microprocessors; software development and debugging tools; a passion for developing new and innovative products; and experience with the complete software development life cycle.
Basic Qualifications (MUST HAVES):
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of embedded software development and testing.
- 5+ years of C/C++ or other structured language.
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment – Ideally 8 years of engineering experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired):
- Knowledge of and experience with AUTOSAR
Specific Skills required
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debugger' s, compilers, etc.).
- Working knowledge of software development processes.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bus, and/or port to different platforms.
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program.
- Coordinates software development activities with software team leader.
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with software team leader to negotiate resolution.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Manages small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and follow through.
- Manages large projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating, and developing requirements in compliance with the established software development process.
- Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues.
- May direct the work of 1-2 other engineers (Lead role)
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
- Willingness to travel, as needed
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Location: Novi, MI
Duration: 6+ month Contract
Openings: 2 positions